Here are some important terms to know when choosing a recliner:
• 2-way recliner/lift chair: These chairs recline 90 degrees and make for comfortable reading, relaxing, and TV viewing.
• 3-way recliner/lift chair: These chairs recline approximately 145 degrees and accommodate resting in addition to reading, relaxing, and watching TV.
• Rocker recliner: Rocker recliners are able to recline and rock.
• Swivel rocker recliner: These chairs have a multifunction base that allows full reclining, 360-degree swivel, and rocking motion.
• Swivel glider recliner:A similar base to the swivel rocker recliner allows full reclining, 360-degree swivel, and gliding motion.
• Lift chair: A recliner built for people with limited mobility. It's equipped with an electric motor to provide a smooth transition between standing, sitting, and reclining.
• Power Recline: An electric motor allows you to recline simply by touching a button. Some models have memory presets for added convenience.
• Chaise Lounger: Added padding closes the gap between the seat and footrest for continuous support and comfort.
• Wallaway: This exclusive feature sets Berkline recliners apart from the rest by allowing full reclining even when the furniture is placed within inches of the wall.